Thursday, November 24, 2005

Oktoberfest Bkk style

Back in Bangkok now and the Christmas preparations are coming along at great speed. These last few weeks have been more hectic than usual due to my work in the States being delayed meaning that I flew all that way to simply turn around and come back again! Also all those flights must have caught up with me as I have spent the last few days in bed with a terrible flu not doing much other than sleep, watch a couple of DVD’s (chicken run is great BTW) and generally feel sorry for myself. One thing that has happened since I left and returned to Thailand is that the beer gardens have started to open outside the World Trade Centre (or Central World Plaza as it has been renamed -presumably after 9/11).



The beer garden season lasts from end of October through to New Years and the cool seasonal weather makes it a great time to sit out without air con and enjoy the shows, live premiership football, good food and of course the beer! Hopefully I will have recuperated enough by tomorrow evening as some of my work colleagues have a table booked and I would like to help them out with the towers of beer that will inevitably be involved, you can make one out in the pic.. It will be hard after this week but hey it is nearly Christmas and I am sure I will need the practice for New Years Eve..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home