Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Where I would rather be right now..

A Manchesteresque rain that looks like it could have blown straight in off the Yorkshire moors has been beating into my window all day. These guilty clouds of a particularly grey quality remind me of looking straight up out of bed and thinking how on earth I was to make it to work through the cold and drizzle surrounding Macclesfield.. Thankfully that sinking feeling seems like a distant life away, but on days like this I still think of sunny beaches, lazy mornings into afternoons and chasing fishes through warm salt water, perhaps it is the remnants of Seasonal Affected Disorder that lingers in me somewhere!


This photo (Thanks Mum!) was taken coming back from Ko Wai, a small island very close to Ko Chang in Trat province. Ko Chang is a large island some 30km in length with a series of nice beaches down the West coast and very quiet fishing villages scattered along the East coast. The jump off points for Ko Chang are ferry boat piers that take bus passengers from Bangkok's Ekamai station direct to the island, alternatively it is possible to take a boat that stops in Ko Chang but carries onto the many smaller and usually unvisited islands south of Ko Chang. If you are looking to escape the eternal British winter, or even just the end of the rainy season here in Thailand, you could do a lot worse than playing at Robinson Crusoe down in this area. Don’t be surprised to see me snoozing in a hammock or playing keep-me-ups down there.. I'l be the one supping a fresh young coconut or two with a big grin on my face..

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Margetts said...

That's some photo! Shame about the Manchesteresque rain pounding at your window, but I bet your rain isn't quite as cold and wet as the real thing.

5:23 pm

 
Blogger BigMangoDave said...

OH- I forgot to add a credit for the photographer- Please dont sue me Mum. (sue me, geddit... sue, me! - dont worry folks he's here all week!~)

10:33 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home