Sunday, November 06, 2005

Getting ready for Christmas

After a painful journey back to Thailand through Taipei and Singapore I have had a crazy week taken up by moving our company's office and waiting in various bureaucratic offices including a high speed motorcycle dash to the police station (don't ask!) to renew my Visa and Work Permit. BTW: For anyone unfortunate enough to manage their legal status alone in Thailand then I recommend thaivisa.com for a good place to start, the info there is very up-to-date and the forum site has some good reading on life for expats in Thailand. Luckily for me our corporate secretary arranges the many piles of paperwork and points out exactly where in all the Thai script I have to sign.



Returning to Bangkok after sleepy Orange County is enough to wake up even the worst jet lag and so just hours after I arrived I went out to eat with my work colleagues to celebrate the anniversary and relocation of our company. Walking down to a nearby restaurant from my house I saw that the Christmas decorations outside the Four Seasons hotel have started going up. 'Far too early!' I hear you cry, and usually I would agree but if last year is anything to go by then the guys wrapping the fairy lights around the palm tree's are not going to finish for at least another 3 weeks anyhow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home